Dr. Tovian is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University.
His independent practice in clinical and medical/health psychology is located in Highland Park, IL.
“I treat adults, adolescents, and children in individual, couples, and family psychotherapy. I utilize a cognitive-behavioral orientation in psychotherapy as well as other empirically validated treatment approaches in my practice. Patient involvement in the treatment process, measurable goal attainment, and well defined positive changes are some important elements in my treatment approach.”
Dr. Tovian’s specialties include:
- Psychological reactions of adults and children to chronic and acute illness and disability.
- Psychological assessment and treatment of anxiety and depressive disorders.
- Biofeedback training, pain management, stress management, and weight control.
- Health Psychology program development and evaluation in medical settings.
- Psychometric assessment and treatment of cognitive, emotional, and behavioral disorders.
- Services provided to primary care and tertiary care medical specialists.
- Consultation to schools and industry.
- Individual coaching for peak performance in academic, athletic, and career development.
Dr. Tovian is on the Clinical Professional Medical Staff of NorthShore University Health System (NSUHS) with consultation privileges at Evanston, Glenbrook, Skokie and Highland Park Hospitals, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Division of Psychology.
To schedule an appointment, call 847-681-8910.